【I know Jane Huang whole story】

 

Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche teachings on All-Otr.org

January 27, 2019 · 

 

Rinpoche wanted this to be passed on from recent events:

 

“There is something I want to say. Please record it, write it down in all the languages, and put it up on the internet. Pass it on.

 

At the beginning of this drupchen here in Bodhgaya, I made one point clear to you: that Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche is surrounded by many female students and attendants from all over the world. They call themselves his students and some give themselves other lofty titles which, I said, could become the source of big problems. I asked the practitioners taking part in this Tukdrup Barche Kunsel drupchen to direct their practice to avert that kind of obstacle, because if it were to arise, it would harm the Dharma. But we can see now that the obstacle has not been cleared.

 

On 24 January 2019, a Taiwanese woman called Jane, who claims to be a student of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, started to spread some allegations. Everybody knows what she published, so I don’t need to repeat it here. I think the main point was an allegation that the Karmapa had ‘used’ her, and that the architect of their encounter was Dzongsar Khyentse – basically, that Dzongsar Khyentse ‘made’ her meet the Karmapa. So there are two points here: she is trying to discredit Karmapa, and she is trying to discredit Dzongsar Khyentse.

 

Concerning the first point, I don’t know anything about the Karmapa. Karmapa is a very high lama – in the West you call him ‘His Holiness’. I have seen him a few times, but always from far, amidst a large crowd. I have only once had a private audience with him, so I have only ever spoken with him for fifteen minutes. I once invited him to my monastery in Bir to watch the 10th day lama dance, but even then, I had no opportunity of saying even one word to him. Therefore, as I don’t know him, I both lack the authority to speak on his behalf and I have no reason for doing so.

 

However, I do need to say something about the second allegation against Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, because he is my root guru.

 

I have known Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche since he was seven years old. Since then I have been with him nearly all the time – he is now fifty-seven. I don’t think there are any secrets between us and this is why I feel can say something about this aspect of Jane’s story.

 

Firstly, to come straight to the point, what Jane has alleged is absolutely untrue. It is a blatant lie! And I will now explain why.

 

Who is Jane? For a long time, I have seen her hanging around and know that she says she is a student of Dzongsar Khyentse. I know her. I know her whole story. She has been to Bir many times and I have also met her on my many visits to Taiwan. As she attended some of the talks I gave there she may also claim to be a student of mine. In any case, I have seen her sitting in many of the teachings I have given, she has offered me a little money and she joined us for meals on many occasions. So I know her.

 

Let’s look at her assertion that Dzongsar Khyentse sent her to the Karmapa. The reality is that she had already met the Karmapa twice, for whatever reason, before she went to Dzongsar Khyentse to ask him: “Can I go and see the Karmapa.” But she didn’t explain why she was asking Dzongsar Khyentse’s permission.

 

When asked, “Can I go and see Karmapa?” what answer could Dzongsar Khyentse give? The only possible answer is, “You should go and see him”. No one would ever say, “Don’t go” – Karmapa is one of the masters that people from all over the world go to see. So when Jane asked Dzongsar Khyentse the question, “Can I go and see Karmapa?” he replied, “Of course you can! It is such a wonderful opportunity!” – which is what he would say to anyone who asked this question. Actually, only foreigners ask this kind of question. We Tibetans never would. Why ask a question like that! He is known as ‘Buddha Karmapa’. Who asks whether or not they should go to see the Buddha? Yet, she bases her claim that Dzongsar Khyentse told her to go to see Karmapa on his response to her question.

 

She asked Dzongsar Khyentse all kinds of questions via WeChat. She has saved them all, as well as all Dzongsar Khyentse’s answers. Khyentse Rinpoche also has them on his phone. Nothing is being hidden. But Jane is creating all this trouble based on these simple facts – which is very bad.

 

Karmapa is an extraordinarily important and sacred being. Many people have tremendous devotion for him. To say that Dzongsar Khyentse is responsible for disparaging such a great being who is the source of devotion for millions doesn’t make any sense. It is impossible! If it were true, we would, of course, say so. But how could he have sent her to Karmapa? Anybody who has the ability to think will see that it is impossible.

 

Dzongsar Khyentse and Karmapa have only met a few times. They do not have a close relationship of any kind – not, for example, like the relationship I have with Dzongsar Khyentse. Karmapa is a very high lama. If you look at photos taken during their meeting, you will see that as Dzongsar Khyentse offers his kata, his forehead is almost touching the ground! Dzongsar Khyentse is not a high lama. He is great master, but he is not high in the hierarchy of lamas. So how could a lama such as Dzongsar Khyentse send a girl to entrap the Karmapa! It is something that Dzongsar Khyentse would never do or even imagine doing. But let’s say, for the sake of argument, that he did, why would Karmapa fall for it? Dzongsar Khyentse is not Karmapa’s root guru, right? Karmapa has never received any initiations or teachings from Dzongsar Khyentse, they just know each other slightly. So how could someone who has had such minimal contact with Karmapa create such a big problem?

 

This slander has created an incredibly dangerous situation. It could create a rift between two of the major lineages of Tibetan Buddhist teachings, which could then disturb the samayas and create discord between Karmapa’s students and Dzongsar Khyentse’s students.

 

No one can accept this! Even if I have to risk my very life, I will not allow it!

 

Right now, there is a great deal of talk about this situation. This is why I decided to be the first to speak publicly about it and to state that there is absolutely no truth in Jane’s allegations. This woman is crazy. Many years ago, she worked on a movie set, became ill and was rushed to hospital, where she was diagnosed as being mentally unstable. These allegations have definitely been made by a crazy person. Nothing good ever comes from believing what crazy people say.

 

However, we need to clear this up. Even if he is the Karmapa, he must address these allegations and clarify what happened when “Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche sent that woman called Jane to him”. Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche maybe a small lama but he cannot be bullied. He has rights too. So, Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche also needs to speak out. If she is lying, he needs to say that she is. What she is claiming is outrageous! If he doesn’t speak out, then he is not serving Jamyang Khyentse’s Dharma lineage. He needs to clear this up.

 

When crazy people make claims and allegations like that and we remain silent, there is no greater breakage of samaya, right? Anyone connected to this will go to hell, right?

 

I have therefore started talking about this today in order to clarify the situation. If this does not work and the situation doesn’t calm down – if the gossip and lies continue – then I will sue. Definitely! I will have meetings, I will take out law suits and I will do whatever is necessary to resolve this situation. I will take full responsibility for it. No matter how many years it takes, I will continue working until it is cleared up.

 

Please spread my words in your own language to as many people as possible. Tell them that today, Saturday, 26 January 2019, Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche said this.

 

I want to add two points.

 

There are many people who say bad things about Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche. He is a very popular and famous lama and so many people say all kind of things about him. Some people like him and some dislike him. Some say he has many girlfriends. Some do not like the clothes he wears. Some do not like his Kangyur translation, the 84000 project. And some do not like him making movies. These are the opinions people hold about Dzongsar Khyentse. They are individuals, they can think what they like and they have the right to say what they like. But Jane’s allegation implies that Karmapa is not a pure monk and that he has girlfriends, and it also implies that Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche was the cause.

 

Jane says that she was sent to Karmapa by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche and that she met Karmapa three times in a hotel in Delhi. This is an outrageous and an unbelievable accusation! Whether Karmapa has made mistakes or not, she claims that Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche was the cause. This is something I cannot bear to hear!

 

When I was young, an Indian newspaper printed a story about His Holiness Dalai Lama having a girlfriend and announcing he was going to get married. Many Tibetans went to the newspaper’s office to protest and some people went on hunger strike. All over India, Tibetans protested and demonstrated. Some even went to the extreme of threatening to burn themselves. I myself went to Palampur to take part in a demonstration. Later, the newspaper admitted that they made a mistake and retracted the story. I still remember this event, even though those who are younger might not. If you look it up in the archives you will find it. Jane’s is a similar outrageous and hideous accusation. “

 

- Bodhgaya 26th Jan 2019

 


Comments

The truth about the false allegations against the 17th Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje

The truth of the Chinese-Canadian Vikki Hui Xin Han falsely accused of the 17th Karmapa

【Jane Huang accused Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche】

False Karmapa Allegations: China Operation Fox Hunt | Transnational Repression